In Charlotte, North Carolina, the building or remodeling of houses with basketball courts as extensions are currently trending. Practicing sports outdoors is one of the most enjoyable activities for families, and now you can do it at home! Are you planning on remodeling and including a home basketball court to play with your kids? It is key to know the different options in the market.
Top 4 home basketball courts types in Charlotte
1. The garden of the house is always a good option:
If the area in the back garden is small it shouldn’t be an excuse not to play basketball, on the contrary, it’s all about adapting.
2. You can combine the pool area with a basketball court:
There are ways to optimally combine the pool area with a basketball court to share it with friends and family.
3. The garage, have you considered it?
When the garden area is reduced due to other recreational projects occupying space, or perhaps your pool stole the spotlight of your garden, then it’s time to be creative. The garage can be adapted to have a double purpose.
4. If you have the perfect space then let’s get down to work:
If we have an aimed space for the basketball court all we have left to do is to remodel and ultimately enjoy it.
Get to know some of the benefits of practicing basketball
Exercising is beneficial for our health no matter what age we are. Basketball is, nevertheless, associated with a substantial production of endorphins, a hormone known to be responsible for the feeling of happiness, this is why children and adults are cheerful and all smiles after finishing a basketball match.
Undoubtedly, some of these benefits are:
- It increases physical resistance: because of the rapid moves they have to perform in the court, children acquire velocity and faster development of their muscles and bones; it is also beneficial for their cardiovascular system.
- It aids with the optimization of their reflexes and to be very agile: this is due to the continuous exercising and the quickness needed to be after the ball.
- Basketball stimulates the type of coordination called “eyes-hand”: children also learn how to have the necessary balance on their torsos.
- In the cognitive area, basketball contributes to improving concentration, creativity and quick decision making.
- It makes your children more confident in themselves in addition to learning healthy habits.
- It makes them more sociable, less introverted, more respectful toward their peers and the importance of a healthy coexistence.
- They learn how to integrate into groups and to work in teams as well as the value of cooperation and to healthily compete.
Are you planning on adding a basketball court to your house? You must look for the professionals on this matter to get the correct advice so your project is a success. At Dream Home Builders and Remodelers we are at your service.