Christmas is the perfect excuse to unite loved ones, to show the love we have for each other. That is why there is so much joy during this holiday, the Christmas spirit is synonymous with happiness. And what better way to honor that feeling and what it means to your family than filling your home with the Christmas spirit?
A home decorated with Christmas motifs is an invitation for everyone to come see it. We present ideas for you to decorate your house for Christmas, based on new trends and your budget.
6 ideas to decorate your home this holiday season
- Dare to change color: The traditional colors of Christmas are red, green and white; and you can find them in all the decorations of most houses, so dare to change and stand out from the others.
The use of pastel colors such as pale pink or sky blue along with gold will give your house a new style, without losing the Christmas essence.
- Dress your kitchen: there are tons of accessories for kitchen utensils available in the market. They can go from liners and cups to crockery and garlands.
- Fill your house with the Christmas scent: When you think what Christmas smells like, you remember the smell of turkey, cookies, candy, eggnog, but Christmas also smells like pine, snow, fire from the fireplace. Take nature to your home, use natural pine branches in garlands that you can place on the walls of your house.
- Warm up in front of the fireplace: the climate in Charlotte is conducive to installing a fireplace in the house. In addition to giving a touch of elegance to your home all year (even if it is not lit), being reunited with the family in front of the fire will become one of those memories that you never forget.
- Don’t go over the top: Christmas decorations have nothing to do with quantity but with the feeling they produce. Exaggerated and overloaded decorations are not necessary. With few lights, and few ornaments located in strategic places you can give your home that Christmas atmosphere.
- Be bright: Something that is very elegant when decorating is having bright objects that contrast with the colors of the house and stand out in the decoration. Golden figures strategically placed will give that different touch to your home as long as you don’t use too many of them, and your guests will notice.
- Add Christmas plants: One or two poinsettia plants create a natural Christmas atmosphere.
Are you ready to change the traditional Christmas decoration?
If you still have doubts about how to do it, we recommend that you consult with remodeling and construction experts like us at Dream Home Builders & Remodelers.
We offer you the best options according to your budget so that you and your family have a merry Christmas.