The construction of sustainable houses has been steadily growing for quite some time now in hopes of coexisting harmoniously with Mother Nature.
During the turmoil that represents living in accordance to the new normal due to the covid 19 pandemic, it is urgent, today more than ever, to have more environmentally friendly houses to create harmony with our natural resources and their good use.
At Dream Home Builders and Remodelers, we have always been motivated by sustainability in everything related to the construction and remodeling sector, becoming one of our premises when offering our expert service.
7 tips that will help you have a more sustainable home
Sustainable houses are designed to take advantage of natural resources such as rain, wind, and sun, turning them into energy sources that keep them in the right climate with the necessary lighting and water for their maintenance.
For a house to be sustainable, its design must cause the least possible impact on the environment, it must make efficient use of technology and at the same time be in line with the values to coexist with the ecosystem that surrounds it harmoniously.
- Control the lighting through solar panels: this is a great way to use lighting in the house without consuming energy. Also, solar panels meet the function of keeping the house acclimatized.
- Use recycled materials: using reusable materials avoids a greater consumption of natural resources and energy that occurs when making them from scratch, and at the same time minimizes polluting waste.
- Create reservoirs for water: create reservoirs for you to recycle and take advantage of rainwater that can be used to water plants, orchards, gardens, etc.
- Plant and cultivate endemic plants: this type of plant, also known as autochthonous or native, is the one that thrives or develops in a certain place and is only found there naturally. They help save water, keep the ecosystem balanced, and need less maintenance work.
- Use led lights in your home: these lights are less polluting, save energy, emit little heat, are easy to install, and last a long time. They provide efficiency and high performance.
- Install saving faucets: using faucets that help minimize water consumption benefits the environment and translates into great economic savings. Currently, on the market, there is a wide variety of saving faucet options to choose from.
- Large and insulating windows: this is an excellent option for a sustainable house. Large glass windows have a double purpose: to obtain natural light during the day, and insulation to keep it acclimatized at all times. It is also recommended to use thermal insulators, which are healthy materials to have the correct climate in the house.
Do you want to leave an ecological mark? Today more than ever you have to do it!
Sustainable design is an avant-garde trend that is not only directed to a specific objective such as being friendly to the environment through energy savings, it goes further. It seeks to create ecological awareness for a better future. In this sense, this process of sustainable housing construction requires the use of recycled materials, so it produces the least possible amount of polluting waste out of respect for the environment.
At Dream Home Builders and Remodelers, we are specialists in the construction and remodeling of sustainable homes.