Sliding doors are a functional and valuable decorative element in any household. It is the first option for many interior designers because they can save a great deal of space thanks to the concealing effect they create in a room, as well as beautifying it.
What makes these doors so special is, without a doubt, its sliding mechanism, both on the upper and lower parts of it, which facilitates their mobility, granting them greater stability. In the same way, they amplify, unify and give depth to all spaces in an ergonomic manner. Also, when it comes to taking advantage of natural light these types of doors are among the preferred ones.
7 Sliding doors ideas: What else makes them special?
Several things make the sliding barn doors very special, for example:
- They can be used in any style of decoration (not just in the style of a modern country house)
- They can be used in tight spaces.
- They can be used to hide items that you do not want to be seen (televisions, shelf clutter, pantry items, laundry, etc.)
- They can be used as window treatments.
- It can be used as a single door, a double door, or even a quad door.
- Can be used with mirrors to reflect light or used for full viewing.
Today, at Dream Home Builders and Remodelers, we present to you some spectacular sliding door ideas, so you can choose the ones that you think go better with your remodeling project.
Would you like to improve the space distribution in your home? You can do this with the help of sliding doors!
Here are some ideas that will surprise you:
- Facing sliding doors: this is your typical sliding door in which panels are aligned in the same direction and slide open in opposite ways towards both sides of the wall. They are generally used in large and busy spaces like the dining room.
The most special characteristic about these doors is that they provide spaciousness and beauty to any space.
- Parallel sliding door: they consist of two or three panels resting on a track system that allows them to move in a parallel way, making it easier to access it. They are specially utilized for closets, dressing rooms, and large interior doors.
- Telescopic sliding doors: it is made of various panels that backwardly slide one in front of the other at the same time, reducing it to one side when it opens.
It is ideal for residential and commercial constructions. This type of sliding door is special for its beauty and imposing design.
- One-panel sliding door: it is the most common sliding door used in residential homes. It is made of one panel that slides horizontally in both ways, fixed in the wall or on tracks. It is perfect for bathrooms, kitchens, offices, or for busy spaces in the house.
- Corner sliding door: mainly used for offices, the panels of this sliding door are fixed on a corner, and its opening is right on the top of the corner. It is also used for shower doors in some modern bathrooms.
- Folding sliding door: what makes this type of door so special is its beauty and the wide range of design choices since they can be made of multiple materials and in various colors. This door model has different panels that fold like an accordion, giving each space distinction and harmony.
- Sliding + fixed door: it consists of a door with two leaves, one fixed in the wall and a slightly larger moving door. It is a beautiful possibility to give light to any space.
Sliding doors are a great space solution!
As you can see, sliding doors are the best option when it comes to designing avant-garde interiors with sobriety and distinction. They can be made of wood, glass, metal, etc. They are versatile and provide beauty and functionality.
If you are interested in including sliding doors in your future remodeling project, you can come with us for advice on everything related to the subject.
And if you require specialists to develop and materialize your project, contact us, we will be happy to help you.