North Carolina is one of the areas where living in a house is more pleasant than living in a building.
In Charlotte, for example, there are neighborhoods with truly spectacular houses, and not only because of their structures, but because of the families that live there.
In the same way that each member of a family is important, same goes for every space in a house, and yet there is a particular one that tends to be forgotten or simply uncared for by most: the garage.
Storing vehicles shouldn’t be the only use of a garage; if you find the right way to take advantage of this space you can turn it into the most important annex in your house, so take the chance, do some remodeling and make your garage an integral place where you can do more than just storing your car.
We bring you 5 ideas so you can start seeing your garage in a different way.
5 best garage remodeling ideas in Charlotte, NC
- Window: Most garages don’t have windows. People think “what for? Nobody ever hangs around the garage”, but windows are a source of natural light. It is most recommendable to install windows on the garage door. You’ll see how the light will brighten it up.
- And, what color should I use? Since garages are used to store cars, they get dirty easily which is why people paint them with dark colors, but this will only hide it for a while in addition to giving it a gloomy tone.
The use of light colors, along with natural light, gives the feeling of more space. It is recommended that you use oil-based paints that are easy to clean.
- Organize it: Garages are also used as warehouses, but why not do it the right way and place some shelves so that everything looks tidy, instead of putting boxes in a corner? Vertical metal shelves are the best option.
- Turn it into your workshop: A garage can also be used as your personal workshop, whether it is to repair your vehicle or for a construction project. No matter what your preference is, you will need tools and utensils.
Choose a garage space and make it your place of work. Hangers are a great option to hang your tools but be careful and place them at a considerable height, especially if you have children.
- If you don’t have a vehicle: There are people who don’t own a car, but they have a garage in their house. Why not take advantage of that space and make it into a guest room? Or a study? Or a second living room? Turn it into your personal sanctuary, in the room you’ve always wanted to have.
These are only 5 ideas, but in reality, there are dozens of things that you can do with your garage. Nevertheless, we now give you the most important advice: after you’ve decided what you’re going to do in the garage, we recommend you to look for a remodeling and construction consultant, like us at Dream Home Builders & Remodelers. We will give you the best ideas and guide you so that your new garage is what you have always wanted and at the most economical cost.